"I'm sorry I must leave, but I must do what is asked of me by my God, my Country, and my Corps.. and so, the war blog begins, again." ~B

17 February 2010

Illegitimis non Carborundum

Well, that happened sooner than I thought it would.

In every deployment, there is a moment when something happens. Whatever it is, it makes you reach for the phone to call the person. Sometimes it is a funny thing, sometimes it is a sad thing, sometimes it is a happy thing.

Yesterday, I lost my job. "Downsized" after 5 years of loyal service. Completely blindsided.

Stunned, upset, and anxious all I wanted to do was call my best friend and talk it out.

But I couldn't do that.

I can't do that.

I'll tell him, at some point, when he is able to communicate. And when the time is right for him to hear it.

But I can't just pick up the phone and be reassured that everything will turn out ok- by the person I turn to when I need to be reassured that everything will be ok.

That's what sucks about deployment.

Yesterday I was stunned. Today I am wallowing. Tomorrow I turn on the determination and figure out my next step.

Miss ya Bestie.

No comments: