"I'm sorry I must leave, but I must do what is asked of me by my God, my Country, and my Corps.. and so, the war blog begins, again." ~B

08 November 2010

"Exactly" Moment

I was reading the fabulous Kanani Fong's blog The Kitchen Dispatch today and had one of those moments when someone else says something that you've been wanting to articulate, but you didn't know how or even exactly what it was.

People ask why I do all the military support work that I do and why it affects me the way it does. She said it perfectly. There is a bond there and once it is established you cannot look at war or those who fight them the same way again. You cannot go backwards.

They will always be a part of you. War will always be a part of you. You will always feel it.

"But the truth of the matter is there's a bond between those in the military, as well as with our supporters. It doesn't matter whether or not we have met. It doesn't matter whether or not we will ever meet. We will always be happy for one another; we will grieve for one another as well."

No comments: