"I'm sorry I must leave, but I must do what is asked of me by my God, my Country, and my Corps.. and so, the war blog begins, again." ~B

16 August 2009

2 Years

Lest I continue my complacent way,
Help me to remember that somewhere,
Somehow out there
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war,
I then must Ask and answer
Am I worth dying for?
~prayer carried by Eleanor Roosevelt

It has now been two years since Will was killed in the war. I was at work when I found out. Remember Cpl. Willard M. Powell.


Here are some links to news articles that will tell you more about Will.


Tri-State Soldier Killed in Iraq


Female insurgent among 13 killed in battle on Baghdad outskirts


Reitz Graduate Killed in Iraq


Unit Losses Now at 19


Soldier's Body Arrives Back Home


Family Asks City to Honor Soldier


Stryker Brigade News: Cpl. Willard M. Powell


Final Respects Paid


Ft. Lewis pays respects to 2 killed Strykers


Honor the Fallen: Cpl. Willard M. Powell




No comments: