"I'm sorry I must leave, but I must do what is asked of me by my God, my Country, and my Corps.. and so, the war blog begins, again." ~B

03 June 2011

Volunteer

Ronald Reagan Memorial Day Speech:
“…Each died for a cause he considered more important than his own life. Well, they didn’t volunteer to die. They volunteered to defend values for which men have always been willing to die if need be – the values which make up what we call civilization. And how they must have wished – in all the ugliness that war brings – that no other generation of young men to follow would have to undergo that same experience.
As we honor their memory today, let us pledge that their lives, their sacrifices, their valor shall be justified and remembered for as long as God gives life to this nation. And let us also pledge to do our utmost to carry out what must have been their wish – that no other generation will ever have to share their experiences and repeat their sacrifice.”

No comments: